Thursday 19 January 2012

Big Plans



I've neglected this blog lately but I've been busy!

Firstly we've moved house (if you read my other blog then you'll already know this), so know we live in a beautiful countryside location at the foot of the Malvern hills with 5 acres of land to play with.

Secondly we've just had our first Child - little baby Evalyn - who is taking up lots of daddy's time as he can't draw himself away from her!

This year is going to be a busy one, not only have I got to earn enough money to pay the bills (and massive mortgage) but we've got our daughter to look after and a smallholding to start up. I plan to give up our old allotments (as they're too far away now) and get planting vegtables here quite soon (although digging may be done with a tractor), the start of an orchard in before spring gets here (already have some trees to plant), a large chicken pen for some replacement laying hens, a pig pen for some weaners to fatten up over the summer and maybe the start of a little flock of sheep.

And that's just for starters! My head is spinning with all the things I want to do. where do you think I should start?

No comments: