Sunday 14 June 2009

Strawberries

The sun has been shining all weekend and I’ve had my first big lot of strawberries. It was a rather decadent breakfast for the two of us but very nice. I’ve decided to pull my garlic and set it in the greenhouse to dry off. I’m not sure if this is a bit early as some of it was quite small, but last year I left it in too late and lost half of it, the leaves on what I pulled had all started to go yellow and wilt. In its place I planted loads of pak choi and some frilly red lettuce, the plan this year is to have lots of days where we don’t have to take sandwiches and take salads instead. Already we’ve been having lots of salads as I planted up a grow bag by the back door with mixed salad leaves so it handy for adding to meals.
My next door neighbour has just got some ex-battery hens, these are in a much sorrier state than the one’s we got, hardly any feathers at all but they’ll soon look like new chickens in no time!

No comments: