Tuesday 5 January 2010

No rabbits for tea

Well today hasn't really gone as planned.
My brother and I worked all day clearing out the old wood shed ready to put the floor in tomorrow but with the snow I almost didn't get here, it was falling thick and fast and the lane up to the farm was like a sheet of glass.
The talkabout Victorian kitchen gardens that was ment to be held tonight has been cancelled as the speaker can't get to the village hall where it was meant to be held. I'm really disappointed as I was looking forward to that so I just hope it's put on later in the year.
In the end Dave and I just went shooting (as the picture shows I have a terrible habit of dressing like a hill-billy!). I think we both knew we weren't going to see anything as it was snowing quite heavily and any animal with some sense would be tucked up in their burrow. It was nice to go for a walk in the snow though. The animals had obviously been busy as there were tracks everywhere and we both enjoy trying to figure out what had been going on, we even found where a fox had been stalking some rabbits. I hope he had more luck than us!Forecast is more snow in the night so I don't know if I'll be getting home tomorrow night either.

No comments: